Simnel Fairy Cakes
Makes 24 cakes
- 250g mixed dried fruit
- 1 orange, grated zest & juice
- 175g butter
- 175g caster sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 300g self-raising flour – sieved
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- 2 tbsp orange blossom water
- 2 tbsp milk
- 175g marzipan, rolled into 24 balls
- 200g icing sugar – sieved
- 2 tbsp orange juice
- 24 paper cupcake cases
Preheat oven to 170c. Warm the orange juice & dried fruit together in a saucepan.
In your food processor, beat together the butter, caster sugar, eggs, flour & spice until well combined.
Add the dried fruit with juice, orange water & milk an whiz.
Bake for 15 minutes, then return to the oven, if necessary.
Decorate by mixing the icing sugar & orange juice together and spoon over each cake.