Smoked Haddock & Asparagus Tartlets
- 200g non-dyed smoked haddock - poached & flaked
- 1 onion, chopped and sautéed
- 125ml double cream
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tbsp parsley - finely chopped
- 100g asparagus spears - blanched
- 3 or 4 sheets Filo pastry
- 20g butter - melted
- Muffin tin
Cut the filo sheets into squares, to fit 8 pockets of the muffin tin. Brush the squares of filo with the melted butter & line each pocket with 3 squares.
Whisk the cream, egg and egg yolk together and season.
Fill the filo pockets with sautéed onion, chopped asparagus stem, smoked haddock, parsley and the egg and cream mixture and place an asparagus spear on top.
Bake at 180°C for 15 - 20 minutes, or until cooked.