Winter Vegetables with Puy Lentils, Savoy Cabbage & Goat's Cheese
- 160g puy lentils, cooked
- 300g cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 2 red onions, sliced in rings
- 3 sprigs of thyme
- 4 carrots – peeled & cut into 2cm batons
- 1 large parsnip, peeled & cut into 2cm batons
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled & cut into 2cm chunks
- 1 small Savoy cabbage
- 90g soft English goat's cheese, or a favourite cheese, cut into squares
- 4 tbsp olive oil
For the dressing
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp grainy mustard
- 1 tsp honey
- salt & pepper
Pre-heat oven to 200°C. Roast the cherry tomatoes and red onion slices in 2 tablespoons of oil with the thyme and a few grinds of pepper for 15 minutes.
In a separate tin, roast the carrots, parsnips and sweet potato chunks in 2 tablespoons of oil, seasoned with pepper, for 30 minutes, or until cooked.
Blanch 4 Savoy cabbage leaves, drain & dry.
Slice 140g of cabbage and boil for 1½ minutes, then drain.
Make the dressing by blending all the ingredients together, checking for seasoning.
To assemble the dish, mix together the lentils, cherry tomatoes and red onions, the root vegetables and the sliced cabbage in a bowl.
Add as much dressing as you wish and toss together gently. Spoon into the cabbage leaves and dot with cheese.
To re-heat, either pop back into a medium oven or re-heat in a microwave until hot.